I'm excited for summer. Not just because my family will be visiting us, but because this will be the first summer since 2005 that we haven't moved. Our last two moves took literally the whole summer and then some. A s I started planning for the summer, I could feel my excitement slipping away as I realized, for the first time in a long time, I would have to find more activities to keep the kids occupied during the long summer. So this is how our first summer project was born. A sandbox complete with lid. Luckily, I am married to a man who puts up with and participates in my, sometimes hair-brained, projects( I think he does this to ensure they get finished). It turned out great and the kids played in it all afternoon. My excitement for summer is back and I'm hoping the kids' excitement doesn't wear off before we get to our next project; An outdoor play kitchen.
Feeling a little nostalgic
11 years ago




3 comments:
Ariane -
What's a "gael"?
Signed,
Carter
CUTE video - Ashley and I have watched it about 15 times, and still cant believe A.) How much Maggie chatters, and B.) How Carter can pronounce "girl" that way!
Maggie surprises even me with the words that come out of her mouth. Her newest phrase is "I beg you" when she wants something.
As for Carter - "gael" isn't the only word with a unique pronunciation in his vocabulary. I'm hoping he grows out of it but if he doesn't I'm afraid speech therapy will be in his future.
Carter is so dang cute. I just love him! You guys are the greatest parents, can you start and finish some of my summer projects. Miss ya.
Post a Comment