October 18, 2008

It's a sign of things to come



To the untrained eye, the black box - pictured above - seems ordinary and harmless. But for us(or any other Army family), the emotions this, seemingly harmless, black storage box envokes are strong and lasting. Its emergence means only one thing...a deployment is forthcoming. We've known that another deployment to Iraq was a likely possibility(I'm so grateful it's not Afghanistan)but the appearance of this black box turns the likely possibility into a painful reality.

4 comments:

The Peake Family said...

Oh, it gives me the chills... I hate those darn black boxes. Hopefully, this will be the last one you will EVER see!

Janet Lightheart said...

I just talked to Mom and she said Kurt will be leaving again. Hang in there and accept all the support you can get. I wish I could be closer to help. Keep us posted, JAN

Jodi said...

Oh my gosh. For how long? My prayers are with you guys.

Tandy said...

I'm sorry to hear it. :( I feel your pain. My baby bro is in Afghanistan. He's been there since March. Not fun times.